Drinking water is good for you, but we need to drink between 11 and 16 glasses a day and most of us don’t drink nearly that much. For anyone who has a hard time enjoying water, an easy way to cool a drink and add some extra flavor is making infused water ice cubes. A good infused water recipe can use fruit, berries, herbs, and more to turn water into a tasty treat and freezing that water makes an easy addition to a lemonade, water, or iced tea.
This recipe uses kiwi fruit, lemons, black and blueberries, and mint to make a drink additive that’s both sweet, refreshing, and healthy. Below is the video with a visual step-by-step, and below that are the written steps for easy reference.
Kiwi, Lemon, Berry, & Mint Infused Ice Cubes
What you’ll need:
- 2 kiwi
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- Handful of mint
- Cutting board
- 2 Pitchers (or one and other containers for water)
- Ice cube tray
- Glass and muddler for muddling
- Glass for pouring it into
- Peel and slice kiwi fruit, slice and de-rind the lemon
- Muddle all the ingredients
- Put all ingredients into a pitcher, then fill with warm water.
- Let sit for 4-6 hours.
- Strain into the ice cube tray, leave in the freezer overnight
- Add to a glass of water for quick flavor
Be sure to peel those kiwi fruit and de-rind that lemon to avoid the water from becoming bitter during the infusion process. When serving this recipe, anyone who wants a drink can try the water before the ice cube tray step, and the ice cubes themselves can be a quick icy treat on their own! Any way you serve it, infused water is a versatile and healthy alternative to soda and store bought juices, so pop a few infused ice cubes in your water and enjoy the healthiest way to stay hydrated.